Good morning all!
I don't know about you but for me spring semester is almost ever, which leads to our favorite part of the semester...exam time. Honestly I don't think I've ever had this much to do in a very, very long time. I finally got home from the library after working from 7:30pm-2:00am on an Ancient Egyptian project. Not fun.
Although exam time is never "fun time", there are a few tricks that I like to use to make it pass by easier:
- Try your hardest not to wait until the last minute. I know that I've been guilty of this many times but it's definitely a lot easier to plan out your workload ahead so you can keep track of your priorities. Become best friends with your calendar and planner!!!
- Have that go-to study buddy in each of your classes. In the beginning of the semester, I would try and get at least one classmate's number or facebook info. Instead of stressing out over an assignment by yourself, talk to that classmate about it. They may be able to help you out and relieve some of that anxiety!
- Your professor is there to help you! Although they can seem scary in class at times, they really don't want you to fail and most will want to help you in any way possible in order for you to succeed. Form that professor-student relationship early!
- Become friends with the library. I've recently just started going to the library and let me tell you...I get so much work done! Find a really quiet spot, preferably one where you won't be distracted by dozens of people constantly walking by.
- Remember to include some "you time" into your day. Even during the most stressful of days, you need to make sure you do something fun for yourself. Whether that means taking a break and painting your nails, relaxing to watch one episode of your favorite show, or simply chowing down on some yummy food. Just make sure that stress isn't the main thing on your mind!
Good luck with your exam studying! Tell me if you have any additional tips that we could all use!